We are always on the lookout for experienced New Zealand registered teachers (ECE/primary) wanting to work full or part time permanent shifts between our operating hours 7:30am and 5:30pm.
A love for nature and a love for children is paramount as we practise respectful caregiving and primary caregiving throughout the centre. Our philosophy is under-pinned by the Reggio Emilia approach and RIE principles, providing a peaceful, calm, and respectful environment where children and teachers are nurtured and given the wings to fly.
We only want the best kaiako for our tamariki. We strive to provide excellent care and education, to foster respectful and meaningful relationships. We offer an architecturally designed building with a natural playscape, opening onto a reserve, with beautiful natural resources.
If working with a team of passionate, committed and nurturing teachers in a centre that provides a culture of communication and respect, sounds like your dream job, please get in touch.
Perks of the job:
- RIE and Reggio Emilia teaching philosophies
- So respectful practices, child led learning and nature as our third teacher
- Primary care, modified to suit our separated ages teaching environment
- Good ratios, maintained 95% of the time
- Purpose built building with large outside space, 3 times Ministry standards
- Outdoor spaces are fenced between age groups and easy to monitor
- Twice the Ministry required number of registered teachers
- In a lovely neighbourhood with nature walks nearby
- You can focus on your preferred age group
- We employ and support teachers in training undertaking their ECE degree
- Respectful team-based working environment
- Dedicated area for non-contact time
- Support staff include Manager, Administrator and Chef
- Commercial cleaners every night
- We encourage cultural diversity in our learning spaces
- We encourage art and other expressions of aroha in the rooms and common spaces
- Rooms have resource/art budgets
- Reduced childcare fees for kaiako
- Registration and first aid refresher training paid for
- Storypark for tamariki learning
- Interlead for kaiako professional development
- Privately owned and we think it makes a difference